Thursday 23 February 2012

** A week in the sun and blood test results! **

Hello all, I hope you're all well! I've just returned from a week in the Sun, the glorious country of Turkey!

My skin cleared up a treat while I was away, as I knew it would. Now, when I say cleared up, that doesn't mean the scarring has gone, I mean that there were no raised itchy bumps or welts and my skin was very smooth to touch. My lips have also returned to their normal colour!! Imagine, they've been very very dark brown since September. The sun is amazing stuff.

Unfortunately, since I've been back and it's only been two days, the itching has returned. Bah humbug!

Anyhoo, I picked up my blood test results from the doctors and whilst most of the items were normal, my Vitamin D results stated severe deficiency (14 nmol/L). Mind you, I had these done on the 13th, returned on the 21st and haven't had a call from my doctors, even though it says 'Contact patient' So I've set up a telephone consult with my doctor, but he isn't free till next Friday, how annoying!! In any case I'm happy this has shone some light on my situation!

More blog posts coming up very soon to include some pictures of my recent/current flare up. I've also managed to hunt down some results from previous tests which I'll also share.

x

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your eczema came back and hope that you'll get better and it stays away! My baby has eczema, and always on and off, with no good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! Poor baby. My middle daughter and 10 month old has eczema also. Such an irritating skin condition! Hope we all get better eventually! Thanks again.
    x

    ReplyDelete