Tuesday 31 January 2012

My latest concoction: Neem oil, Coconut Oil, Shea butter and Hemp oil

The items used
The final product

Hi all, so, I spoke earlier about a new skin regime. I'm still finding my feet with it, and I literally started a few days ago.

My moisturising and healing concoction is made up of: Neem oil (about half a tea spoon) Coconut oil (about a tea spoon), shea butter (1 teaspoon) and half a tea spoon of hemp oil.

I zapped this all in the microwave for about 20 seconds and left it near the window to reset.  Let me tell you, the scent of the Neem oil is not for the faint hearted! What a pong. However, on application it didn't sting. Which was a plus. I've made this concoction in an empty cream jar, it's very small though, so I'll have to make it quite often. For the first batch a used a tip of peppermint oil to help tame the smell, but I was concerned it might hinder rather than help, so I opted out for the second batch as seen above.  

The hemp oil was also a need addition for the second batch and I noticed a difference in the consistency of the cream, it's much more oily than without it, although I only used a tad. Either way it sinks into my skin nicely. I'm currently using this twice a day across my back and inside of my elbows, which are all in the process of a flare up.  I've been trying to reduce my hydrocortosine to every other day and my skin doesn't like it, which causes a rebound flare, however, I haven't used my hydrocortosine since Saturday as I've been using this mixture instead, and although my skin still gets itchy now and then, the texture is not inflamed at all, in fact its smooth.

I just need to work out how I'll incorporate either Aveeno or Cetaphil throughout the day into my new regime and see how I go. But so far, thumbs up for this blend of oils and butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment